High Performance Academy (HPA)
At The Park Academies Trust every student is supported to successfully achieve their first choice Post 18 Destination. In September 2017 we launched our High Performance Academy (HPA) to enable our students to achieve placements at the more selective universities (Oxbridge / Russell Group). The HPA programme is designed for all students with outstanding academic records.
We are extremely proud that since the conception of the HPA we have supported and guided a number of students in their successful Oxbridge applications. Furthermore, in September 2022 Russell Group Universities accounted for upwards of 30% of student university destinations, a reflection of the outstanding progress made by HPA students from GCSE to A level and their aspirations post 18. The HPA is a vertical tutor group enabling year 12 students to learn alongside year 13 students and gain first-hand experience of how to construct a strong post 18 application.
· A specialist Higher Achievers tutor group led by one of our HPA team
· Dedicated Oxbridge co-ordinator
· Information, advice and guidance including additional University visits in year 12 and opportunities to speak with University representatives
· TPAT Sixth Form alumni network who have attended Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities
· A parent briefing to support students through the research and application process
· A range of activities designed to develop your ability to think critically
· Preparation for application and selection processes including how to research University departments, an introduction to aptitude tests and advice on successful presentation techniques
· Development of higher level academic skills, including use of journals and referencing, leading onto opportunities to undertake an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
· EPQ visit to the University of Southampton with full access to their reference library
· University Widening Participation Programmes (University of Bath, University of Bristol and University of Reading)
· Opportunities to complete Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) accredited by Universities worldwide
· Villiers Park Project - support from KS4 to sixth form and beyond for those from disadvantaged post codes to access higher education including subject support workshops
Mr G. Williams
BA (Hons) History, PGCE
Teacher of History & Politics